- The primary reason for setting these "rules" is to
avoid unnecessary messages cluttering up the email in-boxes of
our busy members.
- Please therefore recognize that our Listserv is not set up
to be a "chat room" so we would request that you only
to send "messages with a purpose".
- If therefore you need help such as finding a supplier, have
a practical problem, are concerned about a H&S issue, etc.,
etc., etc., then please use the List. Similarly if you have some
general advice (e.g. a useful web site) then please post.
- Similarly, if you can answer someone's question then again
feel free to reply back to the whole List if you think that others
might also be interested in your thoughts (if not just reply
directly to the person who sent the original question).
- However please try to avoid sending "me too" and "yes
please" emails to the entire List - please direct these
only to the relevant person or persons. Additionally, whilst
it's nice to say "thank you" when people have helped
you, please try to send such messages in moderation.
- Please note however that the List is not meant as a "chat
room", hence it is not appropriate to send emails that are
purely humorous (however funny), carry hostile opinions of others
in your workplace (staff and students), or contain foul language.
Similarly not everyone on the List wants to hear that you are
having a good or bad day unless there is some point (i.e. you
- If in doubt about the term (above) "foul language" the
general rule of thumb is "if you wouldn't say it in from
of your mother or grandmother then don't say it here".
- Blatant advertising for commercial gain is not allowed on
- Please therefore stick to these guidelines. we hope that they
are clear. If in doubt you can always send an mail to the List
Owners to check with it before sending it on to everyone else.
- Persistent abuse of these guidelines will simply result in
offenders being removed from the List.